Checklist: The Day Your Student Takes The ACT
Make sure your student:
- Wakes with plenty of time to go to the test center.
- Wears comfortable clothing (consider dressing in layers)
- Brings the test ticket
- Brings some sharp No. 2 pencils
- Brings a photo ID
- Brings an ACT-approved calculator (battery charged)
- Leaves the cell phone at home or in the car (no phones permitted during the test or breaks)
For more information about test prep, how to register, etc., please scroll down and read this in its entirety as well as the links located to the right under the blue text box with links.
Free ACT online prep now available by signing into the ACT academy.
IF you have used a fee waiver, then you automatically qualify for free Test prep through the ACT online. Please be aware of this when you sign up online.
Seniors who took the free ACT test as juniors from the state in the Spring of 2018 will be offered a chance to take the ACT in October. It will be given on a school day and is free and should not be confused with the National Test Date below. Juniors will take a free ACT in April on a school day and again will not be the same day as the National test date below.
Please see the links to the right and slightly below. There you will find information handed out or talked about regarding ACT through school meetings and test prep classes.
In case of inclement weather, a decision will be made that morning around 7 am or after about whether or not the test will be canceled. Please listen to the local radio stations or view here for cancellations.
The 2018-2019 upcoming school year schedule is posted down below:
2018-2019 Test Dates (National)
|Test Date||Registration Deadline:||Late Registration Deadline: (Late Fee Required)|
|September 18, 2018||August 10, 2018||August 11-26, 2018|
|October 27, 2018||September 28, 2018||September 29-October 14, 2018|
|December 8, 2018||November 2, 2018||November 3-19, 2018|
|February 9, 2019*||January 11, 2019||January 12-18, 2019|
|April 13, 2019||March 8, 2019||March 9-25, 2019|
|June 8, 2019||May 3, 2019||May 4-20, 2019|
|July 13, 2019||June 14, 2019||June 15-24, 2019 (new test date for July starting in 2018)|
*No test centers are scheduled in New York for the February and July test dates.
Registration & Fees
Warren County High School Code: 431367
Warren County High School Test Center Code: 184950
For ACT inquiries, call (319)-337-1000.
ACT (no Writing): $50.50
ACT plus Writing: $67.00
Late Fee: $30.00
Test Information Release (TIR) $20.00 (see below for more info)
Check out these tools to help you prepare for the big test:
Like "theacttest" on Facebook or follow on Twitter of Instagram as well for other helpful information daily.
ACT has recently introduced new policies designed to enhance test security. These changes will impact all students taking the ACT and all test center staff and will involve new ID requirements. You must bring your admission ticket and an ACT approved form of identification (driver's license or official school ID with photo). You must have uploaded a current picture when registering so that it will be on your admission tickets. When checking in for the ACT that morning, your names on the admission ticket, ID, and official ACT roster must match. Drop-ins will no longer be accepted on the day of the exam either. For Late Registration or Standby request, sign up online.
For more information, please go to the ACT's official website or read the information in your ACT packet from guidance.
Some general information regarding Saturday ACT testing at WCHS:
- The test will be given in classrooms at WCHS. Please enter the campus from Pioneer Lane and enter the building through the door near the band room entrance.
- Please arrive before 8:00 a.m. Testing begins at 8 a.m.
- You probably should arrive before/by 7:45. This way you aren't rushed, can sharpen pencils, etc.
- You must have acceptable identification to enter (examples include driver's license or school ID) and your admission ticket. See the test registration information or ACT's website for more information and download the identification letter to be notarized or filled out by a school administrator/guidance.
- Bring two number 2 sharpened pencils. Do not bring scratch paper or notes.
- Calculators are permitted but will NOT be provided for the math portion of the exam.
- Prohibited calculators include TI-89, TI-92, HP 40G, HP48GII, HP49G, Casio Algebra fx 2.0, Class Pad 300, CFX-9970G, pocket organizers, handheld or laptop computers, electronic writing pads, calculators built into cell phones or other electronic communication devices, calculators with a typewriter keypad (keys in QWERTY format), and calculators with built-in computer algebra systems.
- No Apple watches or cell phone use either.
If you have questions, please use the link above to the official ACT site or see your guidance counselor or Mrs. Brown in room 220 during lunch or after school.
In the event of extreme inclement weather, you may listen to the local radio stations or check the school’s webpage to see if the ACT has been canceled.
Requesting a Copy of Your Test Questions and Answers:
If you order and pay for a Test Information Release (TIR) form and test at a national test center on a national test date that offers this service, you will receive a list of your answers, a copy of the multiple-choice test questions used to determine your score, the answer key, and scoring instructions. (If you took the Writing Test, you will also receive a copy of the writing prompt, the scoring rubric, and the scores assigned to your essay by two readers.) Information about ordering a photocopy of your answer document (including your essay if you took the Writing Test) for an additional fee will be included with your materials.
See current ACT fees for details about additional fees (a TIR was $20).
Which test dates offer this service?
If you took the ACT at a national test center on one of the national test dates listed below, you can order a TIR form when you register. or during the three-month period after your test date. This service is not offered on any other test dates or for any non-national administrations (for example, International, Special).
2018-2019 Saturday National Testing Dates that Test Information Release is offered:
Saturday, December 8, 2018
Saturday, April 13, 2019
Saturday, June 8, 2019
If for any reason the ACT has to replace the test version scheduled for use at your test center or reschedule the administration, this offer becomes void, and ACT will refund your fee for this service. If you order and pay for this service when you register and test on an ineligible test date, ACT will automatically refund this fee.
Your request must be postmarked no later than three months after the test date.
Again, you may also purchase online when you register!
Materials are normally mailed about four weeks after you receive your score report. You cannot expect to receive them before the registration deadline or in time to study for the very next test date.
All orders received after score reports are first issued will be mailed three to five weeks after receipt at ACT.
Check out these tools to help you prepare for the big test and the links and pdf's to the right:
Like "theacttest" on Facebook or follow on Twitter or Instagram as well for other helpful information daily.