Advise TN College Advisor
1) Parents and Students: Go to Federal Student Aid. website and create TWO FSA IDs (one for the parent and a separate one, using a different email, for the student.) Make sure to write down the username and password you create as you will need these to fill out the FAFSA.
*Please note: students are not allowed to use grandparents, siblings, family friends, etc. on their FAFSA even if they live with them, unless those individuals have legally adopted them (custody is not the same as adoption).*
2) Follow all the instructions to create the FSA ID. You will need to verify your email address so please use one that you have access to.
3) Once you've created your FSA IDs correctly, go to FAFSA website. The FAFSA isFREE to fill out. Make sure you do not go to a site that charges a fee.
4) Click on "Start a New FAFSA"
5) Click on "Enter your (the student's) FSA ID" and log-in using the FSA ID username and password you just created. Parent's, keep your FSA ID and password handy as you will need to enter it on the application later.
6) Click on the 2019-2020 school year and begin answering all of the questions.
Advise TN is a new state initiative to increase the number of high school graduates furthering their education after high school (going on to ANY post-secondary institution). These institutions include:
- Trade Schools
- Tennessee Colleges of Applied Technology
- Community Colleges
- Four-Year Institutions
Our goal is to assist our students with the college-going process:
- TN Promise Applications
- Financial Aid
- College Applications
- College Acceptances/Enrollment
I will be meeting with every senior to discuss the college-going process and assist them with these things. If you would like to set up an appointment with me please email or call my office. Otherwise please stop by my office anytime with questions and I will be happy to assist you. My office is room 102 1/2. Come in through the main entrance, go to the right, pass the auditorium on your right, and my office is on the left.