Honors and/or Distinction
As Defined by the state of Tennessee the following criteria are used to determine students who graduate with honors and/or distinction.
Students who score at or above all the subject area readiness benchmarks on the ACT or equivalent score on the SAT will graduate with state honors.
Students will be recognized as graduating with “state distinction” by attaining a B or better average and completing one of the following:
* Earn a nationally recognized industry certification
* Participate in at least one (1) of the Governor’s Schools
* Participate in one (1) of the state’s ALL State musical organizations
* Be selected as a National Merit Finalist or Semi-Finalist
* Attain a score of thirty one (31) or higher composite score on the ACT
* Attain a score of three (3) or higher on at least two advanced placement exams
* Successfully complete the International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme
* Earn twelve (12) or more semester hours of transcripted postsecondary credit (Dual Enrollment