1) Parents and Students: Go to www.fsaid.ed.gov and create TWO FSA IDs (one for the parent and a separate one, using a different email, for the student.) Make sure to write down the username and password you create as you will need these to fill out the FAFSA.
***Please note: students are not allowed to use grandparents, siblings, family friends, etc. on their FAFSA even if they live with them, unless those individuals have legally adopted them (custody is not the same as adoption).***
2) Follow all the instructions to create the FSA ID. You will need to verify your email address so please use one that you have access to.
3) Once you've created your FSA IDs correctly, go to www.fafsa.gov. The FAFSA is FREE to fill out. Make sure you do not go to a site that charges a fee.
4) Click on "Start a New FAFSA"
5) Click on "Enter your (the student's) FSA ID" and log-in using the FSA ID username and password you just created. Parent's, keep your FSA ID and password handy as you will need to enter it on the application later.
6) Click on the 2018-2019 school year and begin answering all of the questions.
*If you have questions or need guidance, please email Shauna Brock at: firstname.lastname@example.org or call (931) 668-5858 ext 229.
Scholarships on Unigo.com
Full List of Scholarships:
Scholarships by Major:
Scholarships by State:
Scholarships by Type:
Scholarships for HS Students:
Scholarships for Being You!:
Our (Unigo) Scholarships:
Advise TN is a new state initiative to increase the number of high school graduates furthering their education after high school (going on to ANY post-secondary institution). These institutions include:
I will be meeting with every senior to discuss the college-going process and assist them with these things. If you would like to set up an appointment with me please email email@example.com or call my office at 931-668-5858 ext 229. Otherwise please stop by my office anytime with questions and I will be happy to assist you. My office is room 102 1/2. Come in through the main entrance, go to the right, pass the auditorium on your right, and my office is on the left.
|TN Promise - due November 1st, 2017 (NO exceptions)|
|FAFSA Frenzy Day - Thursday, October 26th, 2017 in computer lab 144 from 8:00-3:00pm (students and parents welcome)|
|FAFSA Night - Monday, November 6th, 2017 from 3:00-7:00pm (parents and students welcome)|
|FAFSA Night - Thursday, January 11th, 2018 from 5:00-8:00pm (parents and students welcome)|
|FAFSA deadline, to be eligible for TN Promise - due January 16th, 2018 (NO exceptions)|
|TN Promise Mandatory Meeting - Tuesday, April 10th, 2018 at 5:30pm at WCHS|
TN Promise Community Service (1st 8 hours) - due July 1st, 2018
*TN Promise students have to continue earning 8 hours/semester while they are using TN Promise in college